Pan Seared Calamari with Capers and Grape Tomatoes2015-05-10
- Servings : 2-4
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 15m
Ingredients I used
- 1/12 – 2 pounds of squid, cleaned, tentacles left whole, bodies cut into rings
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- ½ of a red onion diced
- Dozen or so of cleaned grape tomatoes
- 1 table spoons of capers.
- Juice of 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1-2 oz of white wine, unoaked chardonnay
- A bunch of chopped Italian parsley, I sometimes use cilantro
- Sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dried chili
Cooking the Calamari
In a non-stick skillet, over medium-high heat, add the extra virgin olive oil.
Add squid and Cook for 4-5 minutes or until they start to slightly firm but not quite fully cooked. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Add the white wine and grape tomatoes and cook for another minute until the alcohol is burnt off. Add the capers, onion, dried chili and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about one more minute and remove from heat. Plate the calamari, add the chopped parsley, fresh lemon juice and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil.