- Yield : 4
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 30m
Ingredients I use
- 1 container of Ricotta Cheese
- ¾ of the same container of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of graded Parmesano Reggiano cheese
- Fresh cracked white or black pepper
- With this recipe, I also added 3 finely sliced green scallions
How I made it
Stir together ricotta, parmesan cheese, pepper. Add flour, stirring to form a soft, wet dough.
Shape dough on a well-floured surface into 1-inch-thick pieces, shaped like a rope. Cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces with a knife. Roll the pieces on a gnocchi board or simply roll with your index finger on a flat surface to make a slight indent in the dough.
Boil a large pot of water and season with sea salt generously. Add the gnocchi in two parts, boiling until they float and leaving for an additional 30-45 seconds. Then remove and place aside. I like to add a light drizzle of extra virgin Olive Oil so they do not stick together.
You can add your favorite sauce or simply add extra virgin olive oil and freshly graded parmesano-reggiano cheese.