- Cuisine: American, Asian, Chinese
- Course: Appetizer, Main Course
- Skill Level: Advanced, Intermediate
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 45m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 1m
- You can choose either fresh or frozen jumbo squid; fresh preferred
- 2 cups of ground pork (80/20) or leaner if you prefer
- 1.5 cups of black tiger prawns
- 2 cloves of garlic (you can add more if you prefer)
- 1 full shallot of 1 smaller onion
- 1 half cup of the Chinese black mushroom
- 1 large egg
- salt and pepper to task
- 2 table spoons of extra virgin olive Oil
- 1 tea spoon of sesame oil
Squid – Cut the squid tentacles (keep and refrigerate for calamari later), remove spine from the tube portion (body) of the squid, remove skin and set aside until stuffing is completed (refrigerate).
- Pork Loin, leave some of the fat on the pork or you can add a little pork fat when either grinding the pork or ask your butcher. Ratio 80/20
- Soak the Chinese fungi in warm water to rehydrate the mushroom
- Peal and de-vain the black tiger shrimp, then chop into rustic size pieces.
- Mince garlic and finally chop the shallots (you can substitute with regular yellow or white onion.
- Mix the ground pork, shrimp, shallots, garlic and Chinese fungi with 1 large egg for binding
- Add 1-2 pinches of salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Stuff the mixture in each piece of squid
- Place the raw stuffed squid onto a hot oiled grill and rotate every 1 – 2 minutes until you have perfect grill marks.
- Take dried Rice noodles and soak in hot water and set aside for the starch of the dish
- Take the stuffed squid and place onto an oven ready oiled frying pan and place in an 375 degree oven for 8 – 10 minutes or until slightly firm.
- After cooking, remove from oven and cover with a lid and allow 3-5 resting time.