Vietnamese BBQ Ribs2013-09-03
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
- 3/4 cup Vietnamese soy sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1-tablespoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup minced garlic (I use 2 full bulbs in the food processor)
- 3/4 large yellow onion, minced
- 2 red chili peppers or one Jalapeno (I like to keep the seeds for the extra heat)
- 2 -3 pounds beef short ribs, cut 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick across bones)
- 1 green onion/scallion, chopped finely
- Fresh Cilantro for garnish
How I made this:
Pour soy sauce, water, and vinegar into a large, mixing bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, fresh cracked pepper, sesame oil, garlic, minced onion and chopped green onion until the sugars have dissolved and well mixed. Submerge the ribs in this marinade, and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 – 72 hours.
Preheat the BBQ to highest temperature and grill ribs for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Garnish with fresh cilantro or green onion.